Friday, May 16, 2008

My Little Toothless Kitty

Our kitty, Gargamella (who's name is derived from the character Gargamel from the Smurfs for reasons that are much too long to get into here) had a major dental proceedure and extraction today. She did fine, but is currently sporting huge, dilated pupils and a wobbley walk. The dilated pupils are a little freaky though. She had one painful tooth removed, which brings her tooth count down to 21 from 29. She's only 10, but at this rate she may be out of teeth sooner rather than later.


My kitties are my babies so today might have been more traumatic for me than it was for the patient. But, she is home now and seems to be doing just fine.

The Vet recommends that we brush her teeth to keep them healthier. Yeah, right. I don't know any cat that would let you brush its teeth. I think I'll save myself some pain on that one. Who brushes their cat's teeth? Honestly.

Get well soon Mella! We love you!

3 comments:

DC said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello!

Your kitty is adorable (and I love her name!). I hope she's feeling better. I'm a nervous wreck any time anything happens to my dog. It's funny how much our pets are like our children, huh?

Resplendentquetzal said...

I hope your kitty is doing better.

I was really excited to see your etsy link on the side! I have looked at your things before and was attempting to try and pick something for my neice/nepehew that's due in September!

Now I'll have an extra push!

Jamie said...

My cats would NEVER let me brush their teeth. It is a total match of wills just to get them to take a pill. By the time the pill goes down, I am covered in butter, half the pill is dissolved, I am in need of a blood transfusion and the cat sits there and hacks and coughs until they manage to yack it back up.

My kitties are my babies too and it breaks my heart to even have to put them in the carrier (because they know what it means) but I think I would rather have their teeth pulled and feed them baby food than hold them down and brush their teeth everyday!