Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Biz Trips, Holidaze, and Head Colds

So, I've been away for awhile....Life is still getting in the way of blogging and craftiness. I was in Santa Monica on business most of last week. I had planned to do some blogging while at the hotel, but the wireless connection SUCKED big time and it was all I could do just to check my emails. I mean, really, I get a better signal at my Mother-in-law's cabin in the woods, than I did all over LA.

Anyway, when I got home we packed up and headed to the cabin in Central Oregon for a fun Memorial Day weekend with our friends. I started feeling bad on the drive up over the mountain. By the next day I had a full fledged head cold. But I fortified myself with DayQuil, Zicam, and a Hot Toddy and made it to the Modest Mouse show in Bend. I'm glad I did too. Johnny Marr (formerly of the Smiths) is sooooo super cute. I'm so glad he is playing in a band again, and he adds a certain special something to MM that makes them ROCK!

All in all, we all had a great time. But I think I am suffering for it now. My cold got way worse and now I am dragging through work, hackin and sneezin. Oh well. Was worth it I guess.

No comments: