Friday, July 4, 2008

Summer Days...but Ahhh Oh Those Summer Nights....

Summer is finally here in the Northwest. And when I say finally, I mean FINALLY! Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was still grey, cool, and rainy here. Heck it was still snowing in the mountains at the beginning of June, and there is still snow in many of the campgrounds this weekend. So, sun and 80 and 90 degree weather feels great to me!

But with summer comes an urge to do everything under the sun and then some. I don't know if it is the extra hours of light or the warm weather or what, but I always feel like I'm running at full speed during the summer with a project list 5 miles long.

So, here is what I hope to accomplish on my 4 day weekend this week.
1. Strawberry freezer jam
2. 3 embroidered onesies for friends who have friends who are having babies
3. finish painting the hallway and touch up areas (finished this one as I was writing this)
4. buy a drill and wall shelves and hang them in living room
5. buy white trim paint--start trim painting
6. buy chalkboard paint--paint cupboard doors
7. attend friend's art opening
8. attend friends' concert
9. prepare finished onesies for consignment
10. misc. craft project--candle holders, frame posters, friends' wedding present, etc.
11. get car tuned up and ready for CA trip next weekend
12. blog new crafting projects

It's a long list....tune in to see what gets done...if anything...

In other summer news...Farmers market is in full bloom 3 days a week and I'm loving it! I've got a serious fresh vegetable addiction....

Also, I'm growing cherry tomatoes in my Aerogarden now! I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes on my kitchen counter. How cool is that?


Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: