Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good Intentions

I have a lot of good intentions these days. I make a lot of efforts, but can't seem to feel like I accomplish any one thing. So it goes for most working moms I know. I truly admire the ones that seem to have it together. Or maybe things are not quite what they seem?

Anyway, I want to start writing here again. It is fun to do and I want to be more serious about it. I have several hundred blogs in my google reader that I drool over on a daily basis and wonder "why can't I be a better blogger?"

So, here I am, trying to be a better blogger.

Olive turned one almost two weeks ago. Looking back on the last year I can't believe we made it out alive. Becoming a family has been one of the most intense experiences of my life. I can truly say it is both wonderful and awful at the same time (more wonderful than awful, but there are some truly awful things about it).

Motherhood has been a hard adjustment for me. And continues to befuddle me at times. Some days I don't know how I get from sun up to sun down, but I do. Other days it is effortless and fun even.

Olive is a wonderful little girl. I can say that now. She is a little girl. No longer a baby really. She is on the verge of walking. And talking will soon follow. Some days I look at her and can't believe that she is my baby. Everyday she surprises me with how smart she is. The other day I realized she had figured out how to open and close a drawer in the kitchen without getting her fingers in the way. It astounded me.



I haven't been too happy with my workplace lately. I don't think it has anything to do with the business itself. Just with me trying to find my place in this world after Olive. But, I'm starting to wonder if it is the life-long career I once thought it was. There are so many other things I want to pursue that if given time and effort (there is that word again) could become my occupation.

Crafts have really taken a back burner. I have had a few moments to do some new t-shirts to consign at CD World and some little hankies for the store in Alaska, but many of the projects I want to do just have to wait.



Anyway, I hope this is the first of many more entries in this much neglected little blog. Please follow me or leave an encouraging comment so I feel like others would like to hear what I have to say.

I'm trying, really I am.

:) Cheers

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kim, I think you're doing a great job at juggling everything and should feel really proud of yourself! Most mothers of one year old children don't have time/motivation to make tee shirts and hankies AND work full time AND raise an insanely cute small child. So cheers to you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Katie! It's impossible to do it all and you just can't compare yourself with anyone else. I've decided that people who seem like they are doing it all have some serious gaps in their lives and/or live on no sleep and lots of coffee. Just enjoy your little Olive and live your life.